Pkmn Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pkmn Place

Place For pokemon

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  VOTW RequestsVOTW Requests  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new RMT already?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-23

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Finally, a break from all the offensive teams I make. This team - half of it, at least - just came to me. Seriously, it just came to me. This idea behind this team is one, and one Pokemon only: Magmortar. Why Magmortar, you say? Well, Magmortar would be uber if it weren’t for its poor speed. This team plans to change that, along with maybe even making it’s huge special attack a little higher. After Magmortar gets some speed from its friend the Gliscor, It’ll be hard to stop. It can even dent Blissey. Lolwut?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoilers: A new RMT already? 373salamence A new RMT already? 369relicanth A new RMT already? 135jolteon A new RMT already? 251celebi A new RMT already? 472gliscor A new RMT already? 467magmortar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new RMT already? Ljubljana_dragon
Checkmate the Salamence @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Attack; 252 speed; 6 HP

Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fire Fang

---

I'm sure some of you have faced this beast. With a Focus Sash as its held item, it insures that I will always get in a Dragon Dance, which will make my attack 553, and 492 speed. Honestly, who wouldn't fear that? Dragon Claw supplies me with a strong STAB'd attack with decent type coverage. Fire fang is for the main Pokemon that commonly counter: 'Mence. Skarmory, Forrtress, Bronzong, the whole lot, will get a surprise from my friend the Salamence. My motto: Intimidate to eliminate! Intimidate has to be the best lead ability, discounting trace. Any physical lead – not packing intimidate itself – will suffer from my ability. It will essentially force a switch, which can give me the opportunity to Dragon Dance twice, doubling my attack and speed.

A new RMT already? Coelacanth
Relicanth @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Attack; 252 speed; 6 HP.
Rock Smash
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Waterfall

---

Who am I kidding? Who expects this? I never thought that I'd put a Relicanth in my team, let alone give it classic sweeping Evs, but Relicanth here works wonders. The main idea here is to Rock Polish. It isn't hard to pull it off, either, as Relicanth has decent defense, making it bulky enough to take a few hits. Once Polished, I have about 400 speed, which is fast enough to attempt a sweep. Its ability, Rock Head, negates the affect of recoil damage, so combine that with a STAB'd, 150 damage Rock Smash, plus a 30% boost from the Live Orb, I have some huge offensive abilities. Earthquake and Waterfall can serve decent damage as well to the Pokemon that counter Rock. Relicanth is my team's wild card, and I hope I can trick people into thinking they can set up against a silly little Relicanth, who’s attack is much too low to hurt that Pokemon. Haha, I laugh. Though this is still in its testing fazes, so I’m not sure how it'll work out.

A new RMT already? 559px-Lightning_over_Oradea_Romania_cropped
Jolteon @ Petaya Berry
Nature: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Speed; 52 special attack; 6 HP

Hidden Power Ice (70)
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass
Substitute

---

Mayor wrote:
With many common leads seriously threatening Jolteon's sweeping fun, it's going to be hard to pull of any benefit. I think I may have found a way of using this thing as an awesome lead. Threats? Salamence, Bronzong, Gyarados... etc. If the opposing leading Pokemon is super effective against, I'll do one of two things: Switch – Any Pokemon that I suspect is faster than me, particularly of the scarf'd variety, is a huge threat to my Jolteon; or sub – Substitute until my Berry is activated, and Baton Pass to something that easily shrouds off the opposing Pokemon's attack, and start sweepin'. I'm extremely surprised on how this thing can just sweep any team unprepared.

A new RMT already? Cabbage
Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 HP; 80 Defense; 176 Speed
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psychic
Recover

---

Celebi is, the best Calm Mind passer in the current Metagame. Here is when the Magmortar fun begins. This is where I start setting up for Magmortar. Calm Mind, and pass. Sometimes I can even sweep with Celebi itself if I get enough Calm Minds, though I normally pass them. The Defense provides the proper coverage among other Pokemon, while I set up with Calm Mind. No need for Special Defense as long as I have Calm Mind. The speed makes me that much more annoying, in case you didn't know. A fast, reliable, defensive, fast, strong Calm Mind passer? I'm in.

A new RMT already? Pandinus_imperator
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 Defense; 252 HP; 6 Attack

Agility
Roost
Earthquake
Baton Pass

---

This is my Calm Mind receiver. Not the most reliable receiver in the world, but it just keeps the Baton Passing synergy goin'. I gave it all out defense so I become an awesome wall after some Calm Minds, so I have all the time in the world to Agility. After I agility, I can pass the Calm Minds and co. over to Magmortar, and start sweeping, or, I can stick around and hurt whoever's in. Stealth Rock is just to negate Focus Sashes, which would otherwise counter Magmortar to ruins.

A new RMT already? 412px-Conan
Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flame Body
Evs: 252 Special Attack; 50 speed; 208 HP

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice (70)
Focus Blast

Let Magmortar here get a couple Calm Minds, and a Rock Polish, and you don't have much hope.
This works like Electivire. It covers the same types: Super-Effective against 11 of the 17 types, which is huge, which is why I stuck an Expert Belt on it. The Evs can ever make me able to take some hits, if I somehow fail to ONKO the opposing Pokemon.

Yeah, this is all I feel like writing. Oh well. Rate please. Comments are cool too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Zyetendo.com
bbtc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-29

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 am

Fire Blast is actually a better move than Fire Fang on Salamence. Fire Fang is a 2HKO after a DD on both Skarmory and Bronzong. But Fire Blast has over a 50% chance to OHKO Skarmory, which is definate after Stealth Rock (it still 2HKOs Zong though). You also could switch Focus Sash for Life Orb, because nothing that starts is going to threaten an OHKO on Salamence anyway, and you could use the extra power (for the better chance of the OHKO on Skarm).

Rock Smash is not STAB on Relicanth (it's Fighting type). I think you probably meant Head Smash.

Still don't understand the EVs on Magmortar. You said he would be able to survive some stuff, but what exactly? Calcs might be nice.

Jolt, Celebi, and Gliscor are the standards for a Baton Pass team, which after looking at this, you should run instead. I know you want a team centered around Mag, but BP teams are the most unpredictable and unstoppable forces in the metagame, you just have to know what you're doing. Basically you will need Smeargle to pass Ingrain, and usually a Soundproof Pokemon (I think Mr. Mime is the only one) as a backup to stop phazing. You'll also need three other passers, a Speed passer, an Attack/SpAtk passer, and a Sub/Wish passer, with Def/SpDef passing on one of those as well. Finally, you need a finisher (the most common is Medicham, but lots of others work, too) to receive everything and sweep.
Back to top Go down
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:25 am

I tried Fire Blast, and it missed too much when I counted on it the most, like Sceptile, and such. And there are a lot more leads with Ice moves than you think there are.

Yes, I meant Head Smash lolol.

Calculations? Where else do you want me to put the extra EVs I have?

This isn't a Baton Passing team. They're all perfectly fine, even if I don't get in anything to Mag. That's what I like about this team. Anyone can essentially pass to anyone, once I get Zapdos over Gliscor.
Back to top Go down
bbtc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-29

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 am

Fire Blast isn't meant for Sceptile. It's really only for Skarm and Zong. Sceptile doesn't even counter Mence anyway, and one boosted Dragon Claw OHKOs Sceptile anyway.

Out of the top 20 most popular leads, the only ones that run Ice moves are Weavile (which you switch out on even with Fire Fang because of STAB Ice Shard), Abomasnow (both Fire Fang and Fire Blast are OHKO, and Mence outspeeds), Hippowdon (Fire Fang 4HKOs while Fire Blast 3HKOs, but you switch no matter what anyway to a counter), Jolteon (41% chance to OHKO, but fears Earthquake and will usually switch), and Swampert (2.5% chance to OHKO and usually sets up SR anyway). The only threats here are Hippo and Weavile, both of which you switch on no matter what your move choice is.

Mag's EVs: Explain what hits he can take easier with those (be specific with damage and attacks).

I by no means was saying this is a Baton Pass team, but with three passers, it should be. Magmortar would be a decent final recipient and you would add a ton of mind games to your strategy.
Back to top Go down
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 am

I never said it was for Sceptile. I'm sick of Fire Blast missing so much, and I don't need to OHKO any of those leads. It's not like they're going to hurt me in any way.

I already told you that Magmortar's EVs where placed there because I'm not putting the rest in attack. They have to go somewhere.

Anyway, I don't want a baton passing team. Period. Always tried, always failed, and I'm not the problem in the equation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new RMT already? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RMT already?   A new RMT already? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new RMT already?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pkmn Place :: 4th Gen Pkmn :: Team Builder - RMT-
Jump to: