Pkmn Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pkmn Place

Place For pokemon

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  VOTW RequestsVOTW Requests  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rate My UU Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.Venom
Rookie
Rookie
Mr.Venom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Rate My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Rate My UU Team   Rate My UU Team I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:16 am

Waldo (Armaldo) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Armaldo is my anti-lead. He shrugs off Fake-Outs and his Lum Berry is a nasty surprise for all of those first-turn status leads. Most status leads are bug or grass types, which are dealt with using Stone Edge or X-Scissor, respectively. Stone Edge even has a chance to OHKO the standard Persian. If I ever get a free turn, I can use Rock Polish to turn him into a potent threat at any point in the match. If, on the first turn, Stone Edge misses or their status lead is Focus Sashed, then I switch to...

Barney (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

...Quagsire. This guy is my status-absorber, Altaria-counter, and Kabutops-counter all rolled into one. He's such a great physical wall. Today he ate a Muk's Explosion and rested off all the damage. It was just amazing. However, he gets scared away by grass types, which leads me to the core of my team: Bellossom and Rapidash.

Buttercup (Bellossom) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- Sleep Powder
- Solarbeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

By far my favorite Pokemon on the team, Bellossom switches into a lot of attacks the rest of the team can't handle. Despite being EV'd offensively, she can generally take a hit or two and then set up Sunny Day, doubling her speed, reducing Solarbeam's charge time and boosting Hidden Power Fire's strength. She then puts her primary counter to sleep and starts blasting stuff with STAB Solarbeams. She just wrecks water, rock, ground and steel types. And she's so cute! ^.^

Charlie (Rapidash) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Body Slam
- Quick Attack

There are some Grass types that Bellossom can't handle (such as SD Leafeon with X-Scissor) or other faster Sunnybeamers looking to roast my poor flower girl. That's where Rapidash comes in. He resists all of Bellossom's weaknesses and gets an awesome boost to his Flare Blitz due to Sunny Day. CB Flare Blitz is amazingly strong, even without Flash Fire or Sunny Day boosts.

I chose Body Slam to possibly get some parahax on incoming bulky water switches or other Flash Fire Pokemon, and Quick Attack has been invaluable for finishing off weakened, faster threats that have gotten some sort of set-up off.

I know that I can't really hurt Rock types without Double Kick, but I've got other Pokemon that can deal with them...

Rock Lee (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Limber
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

...such as Hitmonlee. He can be difficult to switch in, but he revenge kills many threats to the team and as a bonus can switch in on Thunder Waves or Stun Spores. Blake Kick sometimes gets a Sunny Day boost, which isn't THAT useful but it's kind of nice. Not much else to say here. He's strong, fast, and helps clear the way for my last Pokemon.

Fawkes (Swellow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack

Once the Rocks and Steels are out of the way, Swellow is a gigantic threat. I'm considering dropping Protect for U-Turn to allow me to scout switches, since Swellow often comes in as a revenge killer mid-game. Quick Attack is the perfect revenge killing move against weakened Pokemon, finishing them off and allowing me to activate Guts.

Major concerns I have:
- I don't have a good Fighting resist. I've thought about switching Bellossom with Vileplume to help with that, but then my only Ground-resist would be Swellow, who is a poor choice to switch in against Rock/Ground, Steel/Ground, or Steel/Rock types. Perhaps I could replace Swellow entirely, but I just don't know.
- My EV spreads are mostly just maxed speed and attack. I very much doubt that they're optimal right now.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any criticism.
Back to top Go down

Rate My UU Team
Page 1 of 1