Pkmn Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pkmn Place

Place For pokemon

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  VOTW RequestsVOTW Requests  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I couldn't think of something witty to put here.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-23

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. Empty
PostSubject: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Ah, yes, a "rate my team" I'm posting. This team is two months in the making. After a long while of battling, editing, and carefully picking my Pokemon, I think I may have finally made my own personal dream team. So, without further ado, let us go forth, and concur!

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 135Jolteon
Jolteon @ Peteya Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid

252 – Special Attack
252 – Speed
4 – HP

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice (70)
Baton Pass
Substitute

---

I've never, never would have thought of using Jolteon as a lead. With many common leads seriously threatening Jolteon's sweeping fun, it's going to be hard to pull of any benefit. I think I may have found a way of using this thing as an awesome lead. Threats? Salamence, Bronzong, Gyarados... etc. If the opposing leading Pokemon is super effective against, I'll do one of two things: Switch – Any Pokemon that I suspect is faster than me, particularly of the scarf'd variety, is a huge threat to my Jolteon; or sub – Substitute until my Berry is activated, and Baton Pass to something that easily shrouds off the opposing Pokemon's attack, and start sweepin'. I'm extremely surprised on how this thing can just sweep any team unprepared.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 094Gengar
Gengar @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate

252 – Speed
252 – Special Attack
4 – HP

Hypnoses
Substitute
Psychic
Focus Blast

---

I love this thing. With 252 speed EVs, I'm easily faster than 95% percent of any Pokemon out there in the OU category. First off, I put the opposing Pokemon to sleep. Then, I take advantage of that by using Substitute. It's a lot like my ol' Gardevoir lead. With a free sub, and perhaps a stat boost from Jolteon, I have no problem getting past Pokemon with my two moves: Focus Blast and Psychic – which hit everything. Wide Lens will significantly help the rather bad accuracy of Hypnoses and Focus Blast. As a final note, watch out for this thing. It will always do something that will keep you from winning.

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 140px-ArtGablias
Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature; Adamant

232 – Speed
252 – Attack
24 – HP

Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Substitute
Sward Dance

---

Oh, damn, am I using cheap ol' Garchomp? Yes, I am. I usually tend to avoid putting Garchomp in my teams, but it's about time I exploit its' awesome stats and move-pool. The general idea behind this is to send out 'Chomp against something I can really threaten. Then, sub, Sward Dance, sweep. Another reason I didn't use Garchomp on my other teams was because that, it was countered too much! Salac Berry plans to change that. Silly Pokemon like Starmie, and them fast, Ice Beaming Pokemon in general really sucked all the fun out of Garchomp. With a Salac Berry boost, virtually only Ice Shard, or other "Go-first" moves in general, can faint me.

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 140px-235Smeargle
Smeargle @ Lum Berry
Ability: Oblivious

252 – Speed
252 – HP
6 – Defense

Spore
Substitute
Belly Drum
Baton Pass

---

Oh, god, I love this thing. All I need to do to set up is to send this thing into a slow Pokemon. Either that, or something try to put me to sleep, or any other status condition. All I need to do is Spore the opposing Pokemon to sleep – which always hits - then use substitute, which will ensure that I get a Belly Drum in, then I Baton Pass to...

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 140px-184Azumarill
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant

252 – Attack
252 – HP
4 – HP

Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Return

---

Azumarill! Indeed, say hello to my little friend… After I get a Belly Drum from my friend the Smeargle, I can kill virtually anything with Aqua Jet. Choice Band is basically for free extra Power, as the other moves I likely won't be using,

I couldn't think of something witty to put here. 140px-488-Artwork-IV
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold

252 – HP
108 – Defense
148 – Special Defense

Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

---

I feel bad saying this, but, Cresselia here is my only wall, but, a very good wall. Cressilia can win virtually any Stall war. Charge Beam really helps its stalling ability. If all of my other Pokemon fail to kill X Pokemon, Cresselia should do so. Charge Beam has an awesome 60% chance of rising its' special attack. After using that a couple times, Ice beam hurts.

Well, there's my team…

Final opinion: In case you didn't know, this is indeed an offensive team. I'm just sick of all these stall wars I get into with my large abundant of walls running around. Sorry. This also appears to be somewhat of a substituting team or something like that. Nifty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Zyetendo.com
GC-Admin
Admin
Admin
GC-Admin

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:59 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you and thk you for joining our slowly but surely frowing community here at Pkmn Place.
Now let's get back to the topic shall we?

First Off
Jolteon
Giving Petaya to a Jolteon is like saying "my jolteon will take your hit so bring it on!" It is a really fragile pokemon, easily killed with one EQ from any OU EQers (like for ex. Salamence, Gachomp, Gyarados or even Electivire) But having Hidden Power (Ice) is really a smart move but also very expected by many CP players. If you're up to the SUB + Petaya Jolteon strategy you gotta watch out for those POkes who uses First-Hit Moves.
If Im battling this Jolteon i wolud certainly send out a Metagross against it.
Rating:4/5

Gengar
Yet off another Special Sweeper! The speed priority with this Gengar is not really important but it's up to you to be creative and do something new. I personally like the Wide Lens Strategy beacause of Gengar having 2 not so very accuarate moves. I don't know about psychic being a good move for gengar but it can help in different situations.
While Hypnosis and Focus Blast are really great support moves for a Gengar. The Sub + Nosys is really a good tactic.
If Im battling this Gengar i would certainly send out a Cresselia against it.
Rating:4.5/5

Im running out of tyme so i'll just rate the whole team

8.5 out of 10
Real Confidence is needed and very accuarate prediction skills if you wanna use the team. But really good team offense.
Back to top Go down
https://pkmnplace.forumotion.com
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:08 am

That's what I love about the two Pokemon you just mentioned. I know I'm killed by Earthquakers, but once I get my Petaya berry activated proir to substitute, I Baton Pass to Gengar. So, once you bring out your Metagross, I'll Baton Pass to Gengar, where it'll get the Petaya Berry, and a Sub. I could've stayed in on Metagross if it was Bullet Punching; Steel isn't very good against electric, and I will be able to take a hit, and hurt you pretty badly.

Thanks for the rate.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Venom
Rookie
Rookie
Mr.Venom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 am

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND I REALLY LIKE THE MOVESET FOR AZUMARIL
I GIVE THIS TEAM A 8.9
Back to top Go down
bbtc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Hmm, Gengar and Garchomp both remind me of Marilland's team...

You need STAB on Gengar. Psychic has terrible coverage. Replace it with Shadow Ball and Substitute with Thunderbolt (you don't need Sub unless you have a Petaya anyway).

Garchomp's EVs are looking weird--just max Atk and Speed. Lose Sub/Salac, you need that on Smeargle. You need Fire Fang or you become walled by Bronzong and Skarmory. Hold a Yache Berry, to assure survival against the likes of Starmie, Vaporeon, and Suicune and have time to set up a Dance and sweep.

Smeargle looks good on paper, but he rarely works the way you want due to poor speed. He's usually best left to Baton Pass teams, but if you do use him, make sure to give him a Salac Berry to pass more to the recipient (which should be Azumarill).

Azumarill (sigh): I'm sorry to say you have an illegal moveset here. Ice Punch is a 3rd Gen tutor move while Aqua Jet is a 4th Gen egg move. Lose Ice Punch for Focus Punch I suppose, as your team still needs something to take on Bliss.

One wall seems underwhelming, but if it works for you, then I guess go ahead and just use one.

End for now, I'm rather tired.
Back to top Go down
Mayor
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Good god, did I really put Psychic on Gengar? Well, I so have Shadow Ball on it. And I have Fire blast on Garchomp as well.

And I guess I'll take away Ice Punch. I just put it there so I'd have another move.

Oh, and Marrland's Gengar isn't as awesome as this one. X)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't think of something witty to put here.   I couldn't think of something witty to put here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I couldn't think of something witty to put here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pkmn Place :: 4th Gen Pkmn :: Team Builder - RMT-
Jump to: